The Los Angeles Lakers were without LeBron James by Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets shot further from the play-in race, though Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis played well. The top teams in the east squeezed dual, Kyle Lowry was celebrated as the folk hero in Toronto.
- Boston Celtics (49-30) – Washington Wizards (34-44) 144: 102 (Boxscore)
- Milwaukee Bucks (48-30) – Dallas Mavericks (49-30) 112: 118 (Game Report)
- Los Angeles Lakers (31-47) – Denver Nuggets (47-32) 118: 129 (Boxscore)
Boston Celtics (49-30) – Washington Wizards (34-44) 144: 102 (Boxscore)
- Next Pass Demonstration of Celtics against Wizards traveled with some good games in the back to Boston. However, the Celts quickly made clear conditions at 35:22 in the first quarter and did not give up the lead, Topscor Jaylen Brown scored 13 the first 17 points of his team.
- Brown ended the game with 32 counters at 12/17 FG and 7 rebounds and 5 assists in almost 29 minutes, Jayson Tatum moved to 22 (9/17 FG) and 7 assists. Particularly outstanding was the bank of the Celtics, which hit 25/34 from the field (15 threesome). 4 Reservists scored two-digit, Derrick White (17) and Grant Williams (16) each turned 6/7 FG.
- The Wizards still resisted a strong second quarter (37:35), after the break, the resistance was strongly graduated. Thus, Boston achieved 32 points alone in the FastBreak (to 4), met 61.5 percent from the field as well as 52.3 percent of downtown and played 39 assists at only 7 turnover. Thanks to the defeat of the Bucks against the MAVs, the team of Ime Udoka is again in second place the Eastern Conference.
- The Wizards were Crystaps Porzas (5/15 FG, 7 Rebounds) and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (7/17) each with 17 points already the Topscorer, ISH Smith Contributed 16 meters at 8/10 FG coming from the bank. Rui Hachimura remained completely without points (0/5 FG, 7 rebounds) in almost 25 minutes as a starter.
Milwaukee Bucks (48-30) – Dallas Mavericks (49-30) 112: 118 (Game Report)
Los Angeles Lakers (31-47) – Denver Nuggets (47-32) 118: 129 (Boxscore)
- 27 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists at 11/15 and only 2 turnover from the field by Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis with 28 counters (11/25 FG), 9 rebounds and 8 assists – after Lebron James hours before the start of the game Inactive reported, the two remaining stars of the Lakers delivered. Nevertheless, the Lakers failed, though they could hardly afford another defeat.
- Especially Nikola Jokic, who achieved at least 37 points in the third game in a row. With 15/22 out of the field he came to 38 counters, to which he clawed 18 rebounds and collected 6 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks. The offensive of the Nuggets ran in full swing, Denver met 57.3 percent of its field trissions and played 33 assists at only 12 turnover (7 by Jokic).
- With the defeat, the Lakers have two games behind the San Antonio Spurs, which also have the Tiebreaker. Los Angeles must first get three victories from the last four games of the season as the SPURS to miss the play-in tournament. “We do not care about the mathematics,” said Lakers coach Frank Vogel after the game: “We take care of the next game. We have to learn from the defeat and hopefully win against Phoenix.”
- The Lakers took over the first leadership and had early success with an aggressive Davis, who repeatedly attacked Jokic attack and also convinced in the defense with a total of two steads and three blocks. Los Angeles led for a large part of the first three quarters. In the last section, the nuggets then put a 7-0 run, which brought them to play with just under 6 minutes 7 points in leadership. The Lakers had no answer and were no longer closer than -5 ran.
- Behind Davis and Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony scored neatly from the bench (17, 8/18 FG), but was also involved in the weak three-line quota of the Lakers (6/20, 30 percent). Incidentally, it was announced before the start of the game that Melo became the first bearer of a new honor. Anthony received the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Trophy as Social Justice Champion of the League for his social commitment during the 2020/21 season.
- On the other side, Jokic received a lot of support, Will Barton sinked 6/8 threesome for 25 points, Aaron Gordon (24, 9/14 FG) was also very accurate. Demarcus Cousin led three nuggets reservists in the two-digit area with 14 points (6/9 FG) in just 15 minutes. Only Monte Morris (6, 1/9 FG) did not find his litter, but he made useful with 10 assists.
Articles and videos about the topic
- Statement! Mavs stop Giannis and win Thriller in Milwaukee
- Experience the NBA live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.